Powered by PUML Clothing


Filter Posts by the following options:
Home | Fight Videos | Video | Strikeforce | UFC | All Posts | Shop

Monday, November 8, 2010

Gilbert Melendez Looking To Move To UFC?

Gilbert Melendez recently stated he would like to face the best lightweights in the world, and those fighters are in the UFC. El Nino was recently quoted saying:
       
"It's something on my mind. It's not so much the UFC as it is the fighters out there. I think I've taken out most of the guys outside of the UFC."
"The guys I'd like to fight in the UFC are obviously Frankie Edgar, Gray Maynard, Kenny Florian, BJ Penn, those are all the guys I'd like to fight out there. So, yeah, it's definitely on my mind."

With his teammate at Cesar Gracie's camp, Jake Shields, recently making his move to the UFC, we could be seeing El Nino in the UFC in the near future.  I definitely think Melendez has what it takes to hang with the best lightweights out there, especially after his win over Shinya Aoki at Strikeforce: Nashville. Melendez should be ranked in the top 5 lightweights, and a move to the UFC would solidify his place as one of the top lightweights in the world.

Be sure to check out our partner PUML Clothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here