Powered by PUML Clothing


Filter Posts by the following options:
Home | Fight Videos | Video | Strikeforce | UFC | All Posts | Shop

Thursday, January 14, 2010

UFC Fight Night 20 Thoughts

So, it's a little late (few days), but I just made this blog account, so what better way to start off than to talk about a great night of fights at UFC Fight Night 20 from Fairfax, Virginia.
I didn't catch all of it as I was at wrestling practice, but I got home just in time to see one of my favorite fighters--Amir Sadollah! (I actually got to see him fight live at UFC 106-watch my video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Bbpdbw5jg). He had a VERY explosive fight against "Bad" Brad Blackburn. Amir went a solid 3 rounds at UFC 106 with Phil Baroni and that excellence was repeated in the cage at Fight Night against Brad Blackburn. Great leg kicks once again by Sadollah, one of the best leg kickers in the UFC! And Brad Blackburn's performance was great as well! I started off rooting for Amir because he is one of my favorite fighters-but this fight just gave me chills and I was just happy to be watching such a great fight and I didn't even care who won! Now the next fight I want to talk about is the main event-Maynard vs. Diaz! I saw Nate's brother, Nick Diaz, fight Shamrock at Strikeforce: Shamrock vs Diaz, and I have been a fan of the Diaz brothers for a while. I was a little upset by the split decession victory for Maynard, but the fight went an explosive 3 rounds and once again the outcome did not matter to me as much after watching such an interesting bout! After the fight there were talks about Maynard getting a title shot at BJ Penn, and I immediately started thinking about the fight! Even though Maynard pulled off a split decession victory against Nate Diaz and was pretty impressive in this fight, I am not quite sure he should get a title shot. I don't think his performance is good enough to take on the champ-BJ Penn. I guess we will see soon if I am right or wrong!
(by the way Nate being able to throw off Gray's game plan by angering him in the fight shows how Nate's showboating-although it seems unnecessary-actually served a purpose!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here